Tips for a Healthy and Safe New Year
- Help to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the New Year. Talk with your doctor about getting your COVID-19 vaccine.
- Don’t forget your annual flu shot! The flu shot is still recommended and is safe to get with the COVID-19 vaccine. Both work to protect you against different viruses, so it is important to receive both vaccines.
- Continue to wear a mask and social distance from others.
- Wash your hands regularly, using soap and clean water for at least 20 seconds. This is especially important before eating and after using the restroom.
- Get enough sleep each night! Adults need at least 7 hours of sleep per night. For a healthier sleep, stay consistent – go to bed and wake up at the same time each morning.
- Eat a healthy, balanced diet. Eat more fruits and vegetables and less salty or sugary treats. Tips for eating healthy.
- Move more, sit less. Get at least 150 minutes of moderate exercise each week (30 minutes on 5 days).
- Rethink your drink. Choose water over sugary or alcoholic beverages.
- Don’t use tobacco. You can quit today!
- Be sun safe. Wear layered clothes and apply sunscreen with at least SPF 15.
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day with fluoride toothpaste.