October is National Dental Hygiene Month! Fresh breath, strong teeth and healthy gums are all part of good oral health, however brushing your teeth every morning and night does not guarantee you are giving your mouth all the attention it needs.
Consider the following dental hygiene tips to help you take your care routine to the next level:
- Brush for at least 2 minutes, twice daily
- Pick the right tooth brush. Look for the American Dental Association (ADA) seal. This seal ensures you are using a product the ADA guarantees will do a safe and thorough job every time you brush.
- Remember to floss
- Use a mouthwash
- Clean your brush. Rinse your brush after each use and allow it to air dry.
- Change your brush every 3 to 4 months
- Use a tongue scraper
- Stop late-night snacking. Snacking before bed without brushing your teeth can allow food particles and sugar to remain on your teeth too long, causing bacteria to form.
And, don’t forget to schedule your routine dental checkups! Visit our dental page for a list of services and locations.
All dental insurances are accepted and a reduced fee is available if you do not have dental coverage.